24 June 2013

my best friend grace's book


I got a copy of Grace Coddington's memoir in my Easter basket this year and have been slowly devouring it ever since. It. is. perfection. in terms of what one hopes for in a book about Grace; lots of pictures and lots of good stories. My favorite parts so far have been the chapters about her life growing up and all the old family pictures. She really does give such a beautiful reflection on her delightfully simple home and school and family.


In case you were wondering, I took major liberties with the title of this post. I've never met Ms. Coddington unless you count seeing her speak at Fashion U, however, this has not stopped me from being convinced that we are best friends, or will be best friends, when we do meet. For starters, there's the red hair thing and then the fact that her sister went by Rosie as well. But even that is only in addition to the real reason we would be best friends, which is the fact that we both get emotional over things like couture shows and standing at Versailles (for proof watch The September Issue). Actually, we don't even have to be best friends, I just want to be able to hang out with her all day and talk about the emotional value of a couture gown printed on the glossy pages of Vogue.

One day, I tell you, one day.
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

be mature