17 March 2014

figuring it out.



Did you ever have just some bummer semesters in your college days? I feel like I've had two in a row now. I guess if I were still in grade school that would just make up one year. It's odd and uncomfortable that college runs in semesters, especially for anyone who resists change... Like I do. Every three or so months your life is turned upside down and you have to refigure everything. 

I just finished a couple of midterms (since when did classes give two midterms? Isn't there only one mid in a term?) so I decided to let myself have a quiet day where I could make some little plans in my head. I'm going to London in the fall, did you know that? Indeed! I am! On a study abroad! Maybe I should have saved that news for when I could sound more enthusiastic about it... Right now it still feels obscure and a little bit scary. But I know it will be good for me. After all it's everything I've ever wanted to do, right? 

In the meantime I'm trying to decide what I'll do with myself over the summer. I learned my lesson last summer that you can't make that choice the week break starts, or you'll end up doing nothing for four months and then having a panic attack about it. So... This summer? I think I'm going to start a project I've been waiting to start for a long time. The advantage to being young is that you're young, and the disadvantage to being young is that you're young. You have everything before you and yet sometimes it's really hard to get started. I'm going to get started.  And I hope you'll stick around to see it.

For now, while the semester is still in session, posting will be light - a slow wind-up to what's to come. I think it will be good! But I'm not going to make you any promises - I'll just give you something to dream about for a while...


PS I have no control over formatting of anything - the blogger app is slightly useless and it's all I have, so... Too bad for us!

1 comment:

  1. London sounds like a great plan. Hope to hear more about it. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete

if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
if you do have something nice to say, then by all means say it!