21 April 2017

i wore a satin slip dress in the rain and you'll never guess what happened next: i was cold!!

Like clockwork, when it becomes April, my brain without fail gets the truly CANDID and UNIQUE idea to wear *light*flowy*dresses* at all times and in all things and in all places. This urge comes with a complete disregard for the fact that it's most likely still 30 degrees out and, if not fully snowing, definitely at least raining. Does this stop me? It does not. Because I have harbored a vision of myself running across a rain-drenched field in muddy linen since at least 2009 and I still prize it as one of The Most RomanticDreamy Things a gal could ever do. Wet bangs, numb legs, no matter; if the moment could be captured on film as the tru embodiment of Elizabeth Bennet running away from Darcy's First Proposal, then sign me the frick up.

I decided to venture onto the rainy New York streets with this exact vision in mind and as we ALL could have guessed I was freezing cold and spooked but I did not turn back to put on some pants because obviously these New Yorkers NEEDED the vision of my pale af legs peeking thru the slits of my black af dress like they need more subway rats and gutter sludge. I did put on short boots like *these shall protect me from mother nature's unforgiving grasp.* Surprise they did not!!

Here's some pics I like to reference when gaslighting myself into wearing dresses you can catch pneumonia in for the sake of ~~*~Romance~*~~ AND be sure to stay tuned for more installments of my worst ideas including: Rosie Has Higher Expectations for What Shoes Her Bunions Can Handle Than Her Bunions Can Actually Handle, and, How to Further Herniate Your Herniated Disc: Workout Videos Edition




No comments:

Post a Comment

be mature